Saturday, March 20, 2010

Testing Time!!!

Last nite I have a very weird dream & it had to do with the Kuk Sool Won test!!! I got up at 730hours & I put on some techno music to help me & I went through all my forms & techniques as well as my kicks!!!


So I ate some meat to help me remember all that I have practiced (this helps alot & I can tell ya from experience that it does work!). So of course I was nervous!!! But I was playing it cool. I packed the car & we all left the house almost half way there I asked someone in the car if I had my belt they checked & yes I had it in the car. So as we pulled into the parking lot I saw my Aunt's car & I saw KSN Joe's truck as well.

So we got out and greeted each other & Aunt told me I will do fine & good luck!!! So after talking awhile I went into the martial arts studio or academy. Joe said how are you Ms. Lu I told him I was fine. He also told me another white belt person called him to see if I would be testing & that she was nervous as well ( she & I are kinda friends ) so I said really! then I told him that I had this weird dream that in my weird dream I saw my Ex-fiancé!! KSN Joe said you where engaged? I said yeah just for a short time & he broke it off. Then I when to set up my tripod & put my camcorder on it. So I reviewed my notes for the last time!!! Then it was time to test! SO I started the camcorder to record the testing! yea :) It wasn't as hard as I though it would be but let me say this they throw some curve balls at us! He had use revise the forms & mixed up the forms. Plus we had to do front fall but I didn't do it right but I did the landing right! Also all the white belts go back to the back & do the first technique in a circle said sensei & we all went back there & of course I was nervous so I did the technique in right stance instead of the left so finally it hit me I was doing it in the wrong stance!!! So I told my friend sorry about that I was nervous & she understood! The rest of the test was easy!!! When he called us over & asked us a question about the techniques - what is this technique attack? So I gave my best answer!!! On Friday 19th I studied the Korean words for both techniques & forms & when he asked that question I knew it was techniques & like I said again gave my best answer! & I was right too!! The Sensei had us do the techniques on the mat as he was next to us I on the other had got it all right!!! Then he had us say the student creed (which I knew them all!) So the first guy stood up & didn't know it & the sensei said to me do u know it Ms Lu. I said yes I do so I stood up & recited it! Then he told the other girl to stand up & recite it but she didn't know it. So he told the first guy does u know the second one & he said no & then asked me do I know it & I said yes so I stood up & said it! so we were getting our stripes being put one & I didn't feel right with out saying the last one because it was the requirement to recite the student creed all 3 of them too! not just 2!!! So right after he finished putting them on my friends' belt & I saw him going over to get my stripes I said sir can I recite the last one sir. The Sensei said yes so I did & after I felt like I finished all the requirements that I had to do to pass to get to the next level! SO out of all the white belts that was testing I was the best one prepared!

Lu

Keep Kick'n It UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment