Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1st Day NEVER EVER FORGET!!!!

I was real nervous so I didn’t eat anything at all! I only drank some orange juice & ate a bite of a cracker. Then I was off to the martial arts school.! When I got to the school I saw a kid out of a car & went to the door then headed back to the car & got in & drove away. So when I was getting out of my car I accidentally set off the car alarm !!! I got it off kinda fast. when I got to the door there was a latter on it & it said that their school moved two doors down to the left after velocity & so I got back in my car & drove 2 doors down but I couldn’t find it so I parked & got out & tried to find it but I couldn’t so I got back into the car & I turned on the lights & had my seatbelt on & put the car in reverse but I didn’t have the keys in the car! Lol ( u could tell by this that I was kinda nervous eh?) Well I drove back & put my emergency lights on & I when to the door where the letter was & it had a number on it & I called it but it went right to voicemail. So I had this one number in my cell that someone from the academy had called me earlier in the day. I call the number & I told the lady that I couldn’t find it so she help me find it & while driving I accidentally hit the windshield wipers !! so I eventually got it to stop & I parked & I went in & I met her. She is a nice lady! So here I was in the class & the KSW instructor came over to me & he asked how did u find us & I told him how I find them on the internet & he asked me what kind of dancing do I do & I told him that I had 4 yrs of basic ballet , jazz, 1 or less yrs for gymnastics then I had 2 yrs of Pointe & modern lyrical.


I surprised my master when we were stretching ! Almost all the stretching he told us to do I could to completely!!!! I tell ya that dance training really came in handy!!! So as the class moved on I was teach how to do a basic high kick then a inside kick as well as an outside kick which I really surprised my master so he saw that my partner had raised the pork chop & I was still clearing it!!!!! Thanks to learning the fan kick in dance! :P

So after that excise I started to feel a little bit of dizziness & light headed so I asked where I could get some water so they told me where to go. So After I got some water I still felt kinda dizzy so I went into the restroom / locker & sat down & I was feeling dizzy & nauseous & then I started to cough & then I throw – up after that I felt fine so I got up & was slowly walking around & then I splashed some clod water on my face & made sure that I was ok to go back into the class. When I reentered the class they were doing some techniques & im thinking woo I don’t think I could do this. But then my master saw that I was back & I got back into the class & my partner teach me the 1st 2 techniques within Kuk Sool Won! & I caught on fast! The Master called everyone into a line & we did a front kick & after we kicked we had to hold it there & then start to circle the leg but course I couldn’t to that! Then we did the other side too as well! The master then instructed us to balance on one foot & strength our other foot out but the mat was slippery & of course I was losing my balance because of that! lol He lined us up agatised the wall & we did a side kick then we had to hold it there !!! We did our left side 1st but I didn’t do so good! But when we did the other side I was able to hold it up there like one of the guys that was a blue belt!!! & the Master was surprised again! That was the 1st day of training !!!! I will never forget that day ever!!!!!

Young Warrior

1 comment:

  1. Great post Young Warrior. Its always great to read about other people's first day at Kuk Sool Won. I remember my first day like it was yesterday and that was 16 years ago.

    You will never forget your first day!

    Sounds like you had a good time despite throwing up!

    Best Regards

    Your friend in the UK
    Pu Sa Bum Nim Jon Denny

    ReplyDelete