Thursday, June 24, 2010

Yellow Belt TESTING 6/19/10

The Week of the testing I was studying hardcore & some how I managed to learn the 1st part of Cho Geup Hyung ( yellow belt form) & got it memorized too!!! I also learned some Sohn Mohk Soo which are wrist techniques yellow belt level!!!


I went to all my classes that week!

Friday Evening : I came home and I was on my laptop trying to get the internet to work & decided to go outdoors & tan. There were still some sun rays in the back yard so I hurried & got my tanning lotion on & my swim suite on. & got outdoors. I relaxed outdoors for almost an hour. Tanning relaxes me & I forget about my troubles & problems that imp facing right now this moment or then. So I when in got the internet to work then chilled for a while when on face book & other sites. Then decided to have someone drill me so that I will be ready for the testing tomorrow ( Saturday 19th ). So they drilled me on my forms & then my techniques & even mixed them up & all.

In the real early morning I woke up at 6:10am! So I when to the restroom & went back to bed but little did I know that I was going to get woken up off & on for about an hour & a half!!! By my mom opening & slamming the door to her room which my room is at the end of the hallway & hers is to the left. So after about 1 ½ hours of flipping & turning I just though forget it trying to get some more sleep so I just got up! I did my usual routine which is to check my e-mail go onto facebook update my status & go onto yoville . Then I took a bath & got ready & ate something then was waiting & waiting around the house for my mom to get ready but it was drawing closer & closer to the testing time!!! I only live about 5 mins way but it takes her forever to get ready! So my grandma was ready & I was ready so I told her that we will see ya down there. So we left. & I had to fly down there cause of the time. So when I walked in I didn’t see the other white belt yellow stripe people that were supposed to be testing!!! I knew my one friend wasn’t going to test but I asked this other one & he told me he would be there. The other people that were there for testing was 2 red belts! OMG!! I was thinking now I have to depend on my own knowledge that I have in Kuk Sool. I didn’t even have time to tape my toes. But I did set up my tripod & put my digital camcorder on it. I was real nervous & was dropping everything & was a little bit shakily like a leaf kinda. So I pressed the record button on my camcorder & bowed in & started to jog lightly around the practice area. We started to do our warm-ups & after that we had to get in a horse stance & do palm strikes as well as knife strikes then standing in a left stance we had to do a knife barrel & of course I was all nervous so much that I was messing up when he said left over right I had right over left! OMG at that point I was thinking that I wasn’t going to pass / belt up for sure & have to retake the test!! But I still pressed on though I was messing up. Then we had to do a back fall from a sitting position on the floor & he told me just to do the back fall & he told the 2 red belts to do the back fall & a back shoulder roll. Well I did just the back fall but since I did know how to do a back shoulder roll I thought I would go ahead & show them what I can do!!! I don’t know if that was a good thing to go ahead & do that when he only instructed me to just do the back fall & not back shoulder roll. But oh well. The next thing we had to do was doing cartwheels continuous from front to back ! I did great going one way & I saw that the guy next to me switched feet & I didn’t so it resulted in looking like a kid first learning how to do a cartwheel!!! Then we had to do our Ki Cho Hyung 1-6 so I did then the other guys where doing something else then one of the JKN Thomas told me to go over to the window facing the parking lot & do my Ki Cho Hyung 1-6 in that direction then he had me do it the left wall then to the right wall then he pulled me over to the side & had me do my techniques. He asked me how many I knew ( I knew & know all 15) but for some totally odd reason 6 came out of my mouth!

Gee I guess u can really tell I was nervous ! yipes!! So after I did all my techniques or up intill 6 I was waiting on him to tell me to go & do #7 but then he when back to KSN Joe & he was talking to him. So JKN Thomas came back & told me what we were going to do. Before we started once more on the techniques I told him I knew all 15 of Ki Bohn Soo. So he randomly called out a number & I would have to do the technique . I think I heard KSN Joe tell JKN Thomas that if I miss 3 or something then I would have to retake the test. ! I did confused 3 up with 4 but I got it right !! Then he asked me of I knew any of the Sohn Mohk Soo I told I knew 3. ( but I got that mixed up with another wrist techniques!) so I did what I thought was them which it wasn’t at all! Then everyone sat down & was tested on the breathing part was well as the breathing positions which I barely knew at all! Then KSN Joe asked me how many steps are in form 1 & I gave him a guessed number & he went on to ask the red belts how many steps ate in the red belt form then asked me how many steps are in the 3rd form & once again I gave him a guessed number. Then he made us get up a count the steps of form3 when we did it & of course I just repeated the number that the guy next to me said. Then came time for the student creed reciting ! my mind when completely blink on me so JKN helped me out just the first two words of the first part of it & then my mind turned on & I said it all! JKN Thomas & I walked over to the padded poll & he was teaching me on how to do a palm strike so I practiced a few times then he led out his hand as if it was the board & practiced a few times like that. Then he when & got the board. & of course my mom & my aunt were nervous & worried that I wasn’t ready or able to do it. So I got into a left stance I a tried to break it a few times just like he instructed me to. But KSN Joe noticed something that I was doing that was wrong so he came over & told me what I was doing wrong & showed me what was the correct way to do it. After a few practice runs the very 1st try I did break it! Oh and by the way the 2 red belts was in a kneeling attention watching me!! Then came time for the ceremony ! JKN Thomas told me to take off my belt so I did he gave it to KSN Joe & as he as tying it JKN was putting the new belt on me then KSN Joe came over & put the old belt on my left shoulder. Then I bowed out. So everyone there what was supporting me was soo amazed that I actually broke the board! Aunt Sandy told me that I should have the to instructors sign it. So my mom got KSN Joe & JKN Thomas to sign it!

In the end result I got the yellow belt & a hoarse voice !  :( Which im NOT to happy about!!




Lu 루 Keep Kick'n It UP!    

No comments:

Post a Comment